Monday 3 October 2011

Ocsoberfest

My dog wants me to quit smoking.

I usually smoke perhaps a pack every two months, lately it's about a pack a week..
Since moving out and with various other stresses- gambling rehab, the come-down from the pills, the pills not helping with work, work, relationship difficulties, it's obviously increased.

The idea of a month without them isn't so bad, but having three left in the pack is difficult, like walking away from a pokie with $3 left in it, or ignoring the half a bottle of vodka in the glove box of my car.

Speaking of the vodka I've had some near misses lately, things could have gone worse, so I feel karma demands a degree of restraint on my behalf.

But going for the trifecta is never easy... I'm unsure whether to attempt it, which sounds like I won't.. but it's probably best to not fall back in to all three vices for want of a few cigarettes now and then.

But then...


No comments:

Post a Comment